Friday, November 5, 2021

Thankfulness, a sense of peace

 'And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, ..... and be ye thankful.' Col 3:15

Faced with the death of my Mother, I sketched a drawing linking her legacy to me influenced by my grandmother. Somehow, this activity provided a sense of closure, peace - a sense of thankfulness for their legacy. What image do you see when you think of the word 'thankfulness'?


  According to author workshop instructor Julia Cameron, a sense of thankfulness - prosperity - isn’t about money. Still, most people, when they hear this concept, snicker or greet the statement with rejection. So, for the month of November, I plan to identify people, places, things and/or activities for which I am grateful, thankful; and as a result, view my life to have prosperity.

For example, I've identified that I feel prosperous when I experience the change of season, the colors of spring and fall. I have a sense of faith when I harvest fruit and vegetables, sit on my deck and listen to the sounds of nature or see bountiful blooms result from landscape garden activities. I also feel prosperous when the smell of baking bread or scent of hardwood burning triggers memories of an agri-childhood.  In fact, more cherished moments occur when I snuggle with a grandchild while sharing stories of childhood experiences. These experiences – not money – enable my sense of prosperity, green life’s garden.
 
So the question is related to having a sense of being thankful - if you were to evaluate your life-goals, would you be on track? Would you be seen as a person who walks his/her talk, a person who is recognized as having prosperous sustainable relationships. For, greening life's garden is not about money but acquiring a prosperous, a thankful, heart.
 
During the next month, read postings and please add comment to make these reflections of benefit to your self and others. Join me in a time to be thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment