Monday, December 20, 2021

7th Day, create Christmas bouquets

 A woodland space is ideal for a winter garden. “I've collected a ‘Christmas Bouquet’ for many years, long before I heard the term winter garden,” says the late Judith Tyler of Pine Knot Farm, www.pineknotfarms.com, “A Christmas Bouquet is just that, a bouquet of flowers, berries and leaves you collect for a holiday table decoration. Often I include not only hollies, ivies and Christmas Roses, which we see on cards and associate with the season, but also the last small rose buds, Snowdrops, chrysanthemum flowers, Narcissus, Cyclamen and perfumed Sarcocca or Sweet Box just to name a few. Later, I love the period when plants newly emerge. The first Crocus and Narcissus in many ways is more special to me than all the flowers of July and August combined. Going out to ‘See what's up’ during the early spring is energizing.”

No comments:

Post a Comment